Are you aware of the function of the sedlauncher.exe program on your Windows 10 computer? Are you having issues with sedlauncher.exe consuming a lot of disc space and CPU on your Windows 10 computer?
Users of Windows 10 are constantly confronted with a variety of issues. Users may become frustrated when the sedlauncher.exe program takes a large amount of RAM and CPU. This is due to the fact that consumers are unable to comfortably perform other chores and programs.
As a result, in this blog, we'll go over sedlauncher.exe in detail, including what role it plays in your system and how to repair the issue of sedlauncher.exe high disc use on your Windows 10 PC to avoid a variety of problems.
What is the sedlauncher.exe program in Windows 10 computers?
You should be aware of the Windows Update Service, which is in charge of updating your system's OS and apps to improve its functionality, performance, and to quickly resolve bugs and security flaws. However, upgrades can sometimes cause problems, such as the one that occurred with the KB4023057 update patch.
Many systems slowed down once the KB4023057 update patch was published. The problem was discovered to be caused by the sedlauncher.exe software, which was taking a large quantity of disc space.
The software Sedlauncher.exe is included in the Windows 10 Update package ( KB4023057). Sedlauncher.exe is a component of the Windows Remediation Service, which is responsible for ensuring that the Windows update process runs well. This software is digitally signed and approved, and the program files include Sedlauncher.exe, Sedsvc.exe, WaasMedic.exe, and Rempl.exe, among others.
Although the primary goal of the Windows Update package is to improve the speed of the Windows Update Service and thus the overall efficiency of the Windows 10 machine, it has occasionally caused substantial lag.
Now that we have a good understanding of the sedlauncher.exe software files and their functions, we can move on to the excessive disc utilization problem and its solutions.
Troubleshoot the sedlauncher.exe High Disk Usage Issue on Windows 10 PC:
The techniques for resolving the sedlauncher.exe software issue on Windows 10 PCs are listed below.
Fix 1: Disable Windows Remediation Service Process
The issue of sedlauncher.exe high disc CPU use may be resolved by disabling the Windows Remediation Service process. Here's how you can put an end to it:
- Locate the Windows Remediation Service in Task Manager.
- Select the End Task option from the context menu by right-clicking on this.
Then restart your computer and check the Task Manager to see whether the problem has gone away.
Via Service Utility
- By typing "services.msc" into the Run dialogue box and pressing the Enter key, the Service Utility window will open.
- In the Services Utility window, look for the Windows Remediation Service.
- To open the Properties window, double-click on it.
- You'll see a drop-down menu option called Start type under the General tab.
- Choose "Disabled" from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, press the Apply button and then the OK button to put this into action.
Check to see if stopping the Windows Remediation Service fixed the problem; if not, proceed on to the next step.
Fix 2: Use a Firewall to Block the Windows Remediation Service
If the sedlauncher.exe file continues to consume a lot of disc space on your Windows machine, you can use the built-in Windows Defender Firewall software to block it.
- Click on "Advanced Settings" in the Windows Defender Firewall application after it has been launched.
- Select "Outbound Rules" from the drop-down menu.
- In the upper-right corner of the window, tap the “New Rule” button.
- After that, you'll see a pop-up box where you can select "Program."
- You can then press “Next” after selecting this.
- Then navigate to the following site (where the Windows Remediation Service is located): rempl -> C Drive -> Program Files -> rempl -> rempl -> rempl ->
- After that, select the sedsvc.exe application file. To finish the current process, press the “Next” button three times in a row.
- Rename the new rule and then hit the "Finish" button.
If this does not address the problem, move on to the next step.
Fix 3: Uninstall Windows Setup Remediation
To solve the problem of sedlauncher.exe high CPU utilization in your Windows 10 computer, try uninstalling the Windows Setup Remediations using the steps below.
- From the Start menu, select the Windows 10 Settings app.
- In the Settings panel, select Apps.
- Find Windows Setup Remediations (x64) (KB4023057) or “Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)” in the Apps and Features list.
- After clicking on the software, select the "Uninstall" option.
Allow some time for the removal procedure to complete before checking to see if the high disc utilization issue persists.
Also Know: Fix: USB Device Descriptor Request Failed Error in Windows 10
Fix 4: Perform a System Restore
Have you still been unable to resolve the sedlauncher.exe excessive disc utilization issue? If not, you can use the Windows System Restore tool to restore the OS to a time when the problem was not present.
- Type Restore into the Windows Search box and press Enter.
- Choose “Create a Restore Point” from the list of options that appears.
- Now is the time to press the System Restore button.
- Then press “Next” to begin the process.
- You'll be able to see the restoration points' timestamps. You must choose a restore point when you were not experiencing this problem.
- Finally, click “Next” to start the system restore procedure and get your PC back to working order.
Note: Because the system restores process only affects the system files, you will not lose your personal files and data if you restore your system to a previous point.
Sedlauncher.exe Program High Disk Usage Issue: Solved
To summarise, the sedlauncher.exe software that causes excessive disc CPU utilization in Windows 10 PCs can be simply fixed utilizing the methods mentioned above.
Hopefully, using one of the ways listed above, you will be able to resolve this issue and ensure that your PC operates smoothly and that Windows updates are completed without difficulty.
If the aforementioned techniques have failed to produce the desired outcomes, the best driver updater program can be used to update the system drivers. It can easily update device drivers and ensure that your computer operates smoothly and error-free.